My Photo
Name:
Location: JW, Singapore

"there is always an imperfection in every perfection..." 我从梦中清醒了。我的心很迷糊, 思绪也很朦胧。眼前的日子,是现实的。在人来人往的这里,我从何去寻找我自己?

Sunday, August 17, 2008

SFATC- Rice Community Project

10th August, a day after national day. I believe that most people are in the comfort of their bed. But last week our company did a very meaningful and fulfilling community project - "The Rice Community" Project.

This project is our very first community project for the company and we will be conducting such projects once every 3 months. I can say everything is very new to us, but it wasn't very difficult to get organise for everything. Because we are keeping things simple, all donations that we gathered before the project are proceed to the purchase of the rice, thanks to NTUC online. Vic manage to get a pretty good discount for their house brand of rice. And Nafiz manage to design a pretty cool T-shirt for our future community projects~ =)

The day started off with us meeting at Blk 7 North Bridge Road. Shidah's parent's volunteered to drive us early in the morning to the location from CCK, so sweet of them. We reach there promptly, get the logistic settled and set off right on time.

Each team consist of 2-3 members and each team was dedicated 2 storey as their distribution point. I am pair up with Rasheed and I personally think that we have a good start. The residents anticipated well to our offer and along the way I felt that this IS what I called a real community work.

I use to participate in those flag raising community work when i was in my secondary school. But the motive behind all those flag raising programmes is to complete the hours for our community sessions that every student have to clock in like 10 hours/ year during our schooling days. Personally I think those are crap, cause I was too young to know what I am doing. And most importantly, no effort was even put in~.

Although I am tired but everybody was enjoying the process. Surprisingly, the whole event took us about only 1 hour and we are done. After a group photo, we proceed to Beach Road market for lunch. Miss the food there ah~ hahaha....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home